Wednesday, July 25, 2012

*FLORIDA KEYS*

This last weekend we were invited by the Barnes family down to the Florida Keys.. We weren't sure if we wanted to go at first. We knew it'd be fun, but we hadn't had a ton of sleep and they were planning on leaving at 6:30 Sunday morning.. Saturday night Mike and I were just talking about what we should do-As we were getting ready to go to bed around 1:30, I txt Valentine and told her we'd be joining them. Mike and I didn't get to bed until 2:30ish and either did Jaxx. (I'm def going to be in trouble when we get home, so I need to get him on a better schedule) Sunday morning we got up just fine-the drive was about 3 1/2 hours.. Luckily Jaxx slept all the way their and all the way back. Mike and I were def shocked that it wasn't all it's cracked up to be. We drove the 7 mile bridge, looked at some shops, went to the beach, but it def wasn't what the pics show.. I'm not too sure if we were just in a "ghetto" location, but I was a little bummed out but all in all it was a good fun trip. It was fun playing a car game with Mike, and we had a few laughs of what we'd name businesses down in good ol Key West... Def don't think I can share these names on here hahahaha
Enjoy our pics :)












Old one way bridge


This restaurant had $1 all over the place.. It was so cool!
SHARKS!
Isn't this little dude cute!!
Jaxx looking at the Lobster
Mike and Jaxx with the cutest turtle

4 comments:

  1. Love your pictures. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the Keys in 1999 and felt the exact same as you. The first night there we slept in our rental car behind this business and were bothered 5 or 6 times by people. Then we rented a cheap motel for 7 bucks for the next night and woke up with hundreds of bed bug bites on each leg. The beaches were not well kept. I laughed at the businesses as well, Crabby Dicks restaurant for one. Also, I had no idea that Key West was such a gay capitol. Hated that. Did you see the huge lobster statue in Marathon Key?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chad-Yes, we did see that huge lobster statue.. Speaking of Crabby Dicks, this is when Mike and I started making up names of restaurants we could open haha let's just say they got interesting, but it was sooo funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun trip in the pictures at least. I have only been to Northern Florida.

    ReplyDelete